‘An Unwelcome Visitor’ is my story for the anthology ‘Life on the Move’. The book brings together a kaleidoscope of stories from women living across the globe.
Extract: “I awoke to frenzied barking. The only other time I had heard our dog bark so was when we had an unwelcome visitor in the garden.” You’ll have to buy the book to find out what happens.
‘Winging it in West Africa‘ is my chapter in the book Knocked up Abroad Again. It’s an account of being an expectant and then new mother in Lagos, Nigeria whilst trying to avoid tropical diseases (my small child’s phase of shoe licking did nothing to quell my anxiety), field ‘helpful’ parenting tips from our steward Augustine (they weren’t helpful) and assess the perils of being pregnant in a Lagos traffic jam.
Theatre and Music Reviews:
* The Sound of Music * A Christmas Carol * Cinderella on Ice *
* A Handful of Keys * Evita The Musical * Snow White – The Ballet *
* Splash! The Water Circus * Calling Me Home *
* My name is Asher Lev * The Play that Goes Wrong * Annie *
* Andre the Hilarious Hypnotist * Tori Amos * Slava’s Snow Show *
* Swan Lake on Ice * Constellations * Matthew Mole *
* A Load of Bull * Ruby Wax * Sleeping Beauty on Ice *
What’s on in Jo’burg Reviews:
* Bounce * Croc City * Cullinan Diamond Mine *
* Design Joburg 2017 * Escape Room * Liliesleaf *
* Paint Nite * Play at Height *
* Whatiftheworld and Southern Guild Galleries Rosebank *
* World of Beer *
Guest Posts and other Articles:
Featured as blog of the month on www.expat.com
Guest posted about the expat Facebook groups I founded on Joburg Expat
Contributed to various articles on Matador Network: